Thursday, September 11, 2008

Final Farewell From China

In eight hours we will be leaving our hotel to begin our long journey home. I'll do one more update once I'm back, and I might start another general blog (which I'll post the link to if I end up doing) but other than that, this is the end. Thanks to everyone who read it and commented it. Even though I didn't respond to specific comments, I read every one and really enjoyed doing so. This whole thing would have been pointless without people reading it, and it was great to have that connection back home, knowing people cared enough to see how we were doing over here.

I'll quickly summarize the past two days. Yesterday we went to this park, which was beautiful but it was super hot out. I also got sick again last night (feeling much better now though). Today we had our consolate appointment (which was pointless... everyone stood up and had to say that they swore the information on the paperwork was true... that's seriously all you do there. And this is the reason we had to stay two extra days, because we couldn't get our appointment earlier) and we've basically been packing since then. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel for the first time, which was really good. Now I'm going to be heading up to bed because tomorrow will be a very tiring day. Can't wait to see everyone at the airport and then go home and crash for the weekend before I go back to normal life.

Once again, thanks to everyone who read this! See you in America.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Nicholas! As I posted to your mom's blog, we have thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts and seeing your photos - it was the next best thing to being there! It seems like the last two weeks have flown quickly, but at the same time it feels like you've been gone forever! Funny how that works... Praying for safe and restful flights for you all! See you Friday!
Love,
Aunt Marge, Uncle Garry and Ben

matthew smith said...

yo nick!

it was so cool to meet you and your family on the trip. and like you we were a bit sad and not ready to leave simply because we enjoyed being with our travel group so much.

i linked your blog to mine, so make the new one and i will add that as well.

talk soon...don't forget about the children's pastor thing...