Saturday, September 6, 2008

update

Yesterday morning we got to see where Isabella was abandoned. It was in front of a small little shop, and it was actually only a five minute walk to the spot from our hotel. We got some pictures, but my mom is forbidding me to post them. Anyway, it was pretty cool to see.

In the afternoon we had a short one hour flight to Guangzhou. Our hotel is awesome. There's a 7-11, McDonald's, and Starbucks in the same building complex. So we had some McDonald's last night for dinner (which was amazing) and then went to sleep in our super comfy beds. This morning was Isabella's physical examination. The doctor's said that they didn't hear a murmur in her heart, and they also thought her hearing was just fine as well (for those who don't know, those were her two special needs). We went shopping afterwards, and it was super crowded and hectic just like the previous stores we visited. I'm not really in the mood for a long update, so that's all you're getting.



We straight up gangsta

For those of you who are slow, yes, those are matching shirts.

I look creepy

Us buying tons of drinks

This is where I'm at now. It's free wifi here, but it's 15 bucks in our room.

3 comments:

Kim, Rachel, and Emily said...

Hi Nickus - Cool Starbucks. I'm wondering if the drinks taste the same there as they do at home. Anyway I'm glad you are getting something good to eat. :) Ana's going to be a teenager by the time she gets home. I love the funny pictures you are taking of her. Hope you are still having a good time. I didn't want to post it on your mom's blog, but I can't believe you got to see where Isabella was found. She's so lucky to get all of you for her family. Can't wait to see you all. I miss you !!
I'm going to bed now. It's been a long day. I went to Dan's house and cleaned for him today. ha ha
I told your mom to get pumped up for the pumpkin fest - starts Wednesday. ha ha ha I probably won't go this year as I will be busy preparing for your return. Talk to you tomorrow. You need to get 50 of something Chinese for your dad for his birthday. Like 50 sets of chopsticks or something silly like that and put it all over your room. ha ha

Anonymous said...

Nick! Long time no see, but dang. China looks awesome, you're so lucky to get to go out there again. Glad to hear about Isabella too, thats really cool.

Alrite kid, I'll seeya around.

Chance

Unknown said...

Nicholas,
Hi! Hope you're feeling better! Maybe you all will feel back to normal after you return and eat American junk food - ha!! We're going to call Grandma today to wish her a Happy Grandparents' Day - she's anxious to meet Isabella as are we! See you soon!
Love,
Aunt Marge, Uncle Garry and Ben